FX Risk Management, Workflow Automation and C-Suite Communication on Tap at FX Summit
Tags: C-suite communication, Chatham Financial, FX 2018 H1 Summit, FX accounting rate methodology, FX systems, Hedge Accounting, high-carry currency risk, onshore e-trading of restricted currencies, regulations, risk management strategy, tax reform, workflow automation
Members of the two NeuGroups for MNC FX risk managers (FXMPG and FXMPG2) are preparing for their biennial “summit” hosted and sponsored by Chatham Financial in Denver, Colorado, on March 7-8.
Here are some highlights from the agenda:
• Risk management strategy. This ranked first in the pre-meeting topic poll, and the session will focus on two members’ FX risk management strategies and the objectives that drive them.
• Workflow automation and FX systems. Workflow automation carries over from 2017 as a top priority. This session will include a member company’s story of implementing Reval and streamlining workflows. And experts from Chatham Financial will share highlights of their own workflow offering.
• Presenting the FX program to leadership and C-suite communication. Led by members, this topic will encompass both the educational aspects of explaining FX/financial risk objectives and how they are achieved, as well as the metrics and reporting that keep upper management up to date on the program’s performance. We’ll also have a dashboard demonstration, continuing our focus on the increasing inroads data visualization tools are making to complement or replace static spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentations.
• New hedge accounting rules. We’ll dive into the experiences, snags and benefits realized by the early adopters and consider the advice can they give companies that held back. This is one of Chatham Financial’s areas of expertise and they’ll weigh in.
Also on the agenda:
• Rules and regs roundup. We’ll examine other FASB rule changes and do a roundup of global regulatory compliance requirements.
• Tax reform and what it means for FX risk management.
• A member’s “solve my problem” session on choosing a new FX accounting rate methodology as it relates to the P/L.
• Onshore e-trading of restricted currencies.
• Managing the cost of hedging high-carry currency risk.
For more than two decades, NeuGroup has led the way in peer knowledge exchange for treasury and finance professionals. With an unrivaled network of 18 invitation-only peer groups, NeuGroup facilitates over 30 face-to-face meetings to inform actions, transform practices, and enhance careers for more than 400 members from across treasury and finance functions, covering multiple industries and global regions. Visit www.Neugroup.com for more information about peer groups and www.iTreasurer.com for content and news.