About this meeting
Due to growing member interest in cryptocurrency and related digital assets/securities (we seem to be getting emails daily on this), we are opening up a special session of our cash investment group meeting sponsored by State Street Global Advisors on Thursday to all members. If you are interested in joining or having a member of your team attend, please let us know.
2:30 – 3:45pm
Session 3: Beyond Bitcoin—Investing in Stable Coins, Tokens and Other Digital Securities
Looking at the new digital/tokenization of investment products as alternatives to Bitcoin and traditional cryptocurrencies. Guest presenters from Deloitte and Arca Capital Management discuss the growing digital currency landscape and how corporates are beginning to address the tax, accounting and regulatory challenges they present.
- Joseph Neu, Founder & CEO, NeuGroup
- Jerald David, President, Arca Capital Management
- Carina Ruiz, Partner, Treasury Advisory Services, Deloitte
- Rob Massey, Global Tax Leader – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Deloitte
- Tim Davis, Senior Researcher, Asset Strategy & Innovation, Deloitte
This session will include:
- Cryptocurrencies and other digital assets vs. digital securities and funds
- Comparing coins and tokens backed by traditional investment asset classes to ETFs and asset-backed securities
- Tax, accounting and compliance issues
- Investment policy changes
- Credible institutional counterparties and custodians