Energy transition is here, and one of the first sessions of another new NeuGroup focuses on what energy treasurers can do.
At the second-ever pilot meeting of NeuGroup for Oil & Gas Treasury, energy expert Ed Hirs shared a statistic that caught many members’ attention: more than 75% of the public now wants to reduce carbon emissions.
- In a time of transition, communication matters more than ever. This NeuGroup will allow treasurers to get the lay of the land, benchmarking their readiness with peers as well as hearing about new perspectives and unique solutions from leading experts.
Expert opinions. In this session, sponsored by Societe Generale, members gathered for a single-day virtual meeting via Zoom, discussing topics that range from managing stakeholders to managing sustainable financing.
- In the first session, Mr. Hirs, a University of Houston Energy Fellow and co-founder of Zero Carbon Cycle LLC, took a hard look at what Oil & Gas’ “business as usual” will look like in the future.
- In a following session, members discussed the potential obstacles for oil & gas companies to issue sustainability-linked bonds. Members agreed that it would require a very specific decision-making process for treasury, and may take some effort to determine the right balance of pros and cons.
- Stay tuned to NeuGroup Insights for more on the key takeaways from this session, and what treasurers can learn from it.
Join the conversation. Treasurers at energy companies are in the midst of an exciting and uncertain time. And as new wrinkles and new opportunities arise, NeuGroup will be there to connect members to share and learn from one another.
- Share your views on the carbon transition and follow the conversation by contacting us now.