- This event has passed.
How to Retain, Recruit & Engage Employees with DEI Efforts
October 28, 2021, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
About this meeting
In today’s environment, competition for talent is tight and companies are exploring new and creative ways to retain and engage their top talent. Join us for an inspiring and practical conversation around new approaches and efforts that use DEI as an authentic and innovative tool for employee retention and engagement.
This discussion is expected to include corporate guest’s thoughts on:
- Practical Examples of new DEI programs to drive employee retention and engagement
- Case study of a program to increase diverse recruitment efforts
- Corporate peers feedback, challenges, and most successful efforts around DEI as a tool for employee engagement, recruitment, and retention
NeuGroup has developed strong relationships with multiple companies that are at the vanguard of fast-evolving diversity and inclusion initiatives. Cat Berman and Annie Seelaus have been part of several NeuGroup events and have put together a four-part series for the HiPo peer group, the WING Initiative, and this D&I Working Group.
While Cat and Annie lead women-founded and owned firms, they are planning sessions that address topics across the D&I landscape, potentially including case studies of successful (and not successful) D&I corporate initiatives, financial equity, and transparency and authenticity.
- Cat Berman is the co-founder and CEO of CNote, a women-led impact investment platform that uses technology to unlock diversified and proven community investments that increase economic mobility and financial inclusion.
- Annie Seelaus is the CEO of R. Seelaus & Co, a women-owned full-service broker/dealer and asset management firm bringing quality, service, and experience to individual and institutional clients since 1984.
About this Working Group
NeuGroup formed the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Working Group in 2020 as a result of requests from members and the multiple D&I discussions appearing in individual peer group meetings. These informal working sessions provide an opportunity for interested members to share experiences on common topics, document best practices, and welcome outside experts to speak on current trends – including companies that are not yet NeuGroup members.
Virtual interactive sessions (VIS) are meant for any interested participants across the NeuGroup network and approved non-NeuGroup members. They are usually one-off sessions on topics that interest the broader NeuGroup network, and can develop into working groups to continue the conversation further. NeuGroup has conducted dozens of these sessions since their origination in response to Covid-19 in 2020.